Rolls-Royce has launched the Rolls-Royce Spectre as its first production electric car (18/10). The Rolls-Royce Spectre launched not only as Rolls-Royce’s first electric car, but also the spiritual successor to the Phantom Coupe.
“The Spectre has all the qualities that made Rolls-Royce legendary,” said Torsten Muller-Otvos, Chief Executive Officer of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars.
“This car, which was proclaimed from the start as our first electric car, is quiet, powerful and demonstrates how perfect a Rolls-Royce is with electrification,” added Muller-Otvos.
To be more familiar with the Rolls-Royce Spectre electric car, here are five interesting facts, friend.
1. The Rolls-Royce Spectre not only has a coupe body that looks luxurious and sporty, but also aerodynamic.
Rolls-Royce provides several aerodynamic optimizations to the Spectre body such as a more wind-friendly Spirit of Ecstasy and a smoother Pantheon Grille.
As a result, the Rolls-Royce Spectre has the lowest drag coefficient among other Rolls-Royces, namely 0.25 Cd.
2. Rolls-Royce developed the Spectre based on the Architecture of Luxury platform that uses aluminum.
Uniquely, the Spectre battery also has another function besides being a store of electrical energy, namely as a road noise damper.
3. Rolls-Royce says the Spectre has an electric drive system that produces 430 kW or 576 hp and 900 Nm of torque.
Then for the distance, the Rolls-Royce Spectre is claimed to be able to travel as far as 520 kilometers on the Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure (WLTP) cycle.
4. The Rolls-Royce Spectre can now be ordered and will begin greeting customers in the fourth quarter of 2024.
The Spectre price is estimated to be somewhere between Rolls-Royce Cullinan and Phantom.
5. The Rolls-Royce Spectre will face off against the Cadillac Celestiq which is also an ultra-luxury electric car.
When compared to the Celestiq, the Rolls-Royce Spectre has the potential to excel in torque performance and mileage.
Not to mention that the Spectre also offers Rolls-Royce-style luxury which does not rule out the possibility of being on a different level with the Celestiq.