Over the weekend, code investigator GreenTheOnly identified several upcoming features set to be included in Tesla's software update, version 2023.44.1. Among these additions is a front camera washer button, Shaka media player, and the ability to adjust playback speed in Apple Podcasts. Notably, the front camera washer button's introduction aligns with the imminent launch of Tesla's Cybertruck, expected to feature a front camera.
Despite initial confusion surrounding the inclusion of the front fascia camera in the recently unveiled Model 3 “Highland,” early deliveries omitted the feature. The associated image of the front camera washer button, shared by Green, has been removed.
2023.44.1 brings us:
– front camera is getting a washer too and here's the button to activate it
– new js player for media: shaka player
– media playback added 1.25x 1.5x and 2x speeds (for apple podcasts?) pic.twitter.com/9D9KC3PIoZ
— green (@greentheonly) November 25, 2023
The playback speed update specifically targets Apple Podcasts, as indicated by the filename “apple_podcasts.” The new features expected in the 2023.44.1 update, according to Green, include:
- Front camera washer and activation button
- Shaka media player
- Apple Podcasts with 1.25x, 1.5x, and 2x playback speeds
- New IIHS seatbelt reminder mode with higher pitch and frequency
- Cabin Camera functionality for enabling or disabling HOV lane use (subject to additional cabin camera permission)
- Most probable path navigation mode
- Addition of new low-voltage battery options
The software update, first identified in some vehicles on Friday by Teslascope, is currently in the early stages of deployment. However, as of the time of writing, release notes for the update are not yet available.
Tesla routinely utilizes over-the-air (OTA) software updates to enhance its vehicles, introducing new features and refining existing ones. Recent examples include the implementation of live object-on-road detection, initially anticipated in China, and the incorporation of congestion fees at Superchargers, both observed in update 2023.38.