Other enhancements include TIDAL, a subscription-based music streaming service owned by US-based payment processing company Block, Inc.
Here is the detail: Version 2022.47
New Snow Mode
Snow mode maximizes comfort in snow, slush, or icy on-road conditions. A relaxed pedal response and reduced regenerative braking allow for more precise control on low-grip road surfaces. Also, the vehicle offers improved performance when it slows to a stop, Go to Drive Modes > Snow.
Note: To go off road in snow, use the Off-Road All-Terrain mode.
New Address Sharing from the Rivian Mobile App to the Vehicle
Share an address from the Rivian mobile app version 1.9 or later. You can also search for an address in Google Maps(TM) or Apple(R) Maps on your smartphone. Then choose Share and select the Rivian mobile app from the list of share options.
New Vehicle Controls Support with the Rivian Mobile App
With the Rivian mobile app version 1.9 or later, you have remote cabin preconditioning controls so you can remotely prepare the cabin climate for travel in cold weather:
- Heat the futon and second-row seats.
- Heat the steering wheel.
- Turn on defrost. (This option is available after you turned on the cabin climate from the Rivian mobile app.)
New TIDAL Music Source
TIDAL(R) is now available in the Media app. To use TIDAL, log into a paid account when your vehicle is in Park and has cellular or Wi-Fi connectivity.
New Song Queues
For Spotify and TIDAL, you can add a song to a queue and view a song queue to find out which songs will play next.
For Spotify, you can do the following to further customize your music listening experience:
- Search or play a stand-alone song, and add it to the queue.
- Open an album, playlist, or audiobook, and add those tracks to the queue.
New Audiobooks in Spotify
Audiobooks are now available for users with US-based Spotify Premium accounts.
Independent Volume Controls
You can now set different volume levels for various audio sources, including voice navigation, phone calls, media, and Alexa. Choose Volume at the bottom right of the center display.
You can also use the left thumb control on the steering wheel to set the volume of the audio source that is currently active.
New Data and Privacy Controls
The Settings app now offers a new Data and Privacy tab to provide better visibility and control over vehicle data that is shared and used. We’ve added options to limit sharing of precise location data to support certain features and services. We’ve also added options that allow you to enable your vehicle’s interior camera to support safety features. To review and confirm your data privacy settings. go to Settings > Data and Privacy.
Note: If you limit sharing of precise location data, Highway Assist won’t be available.
- Improved ride quality with updated suspension settings and refined the Drive Modes > Ride settings as follows:
- Soft: Active dampening improvements to ride quality.
- Stiff: Improved handling capabilities.
- Improved battery longevity, battery durability, and regenerative braking performance. Also enhanced regen availability, and you can use regen for longer durations.
- NOTE: Regen performance may be reduced at lower ambient temperatures.
- When Gear Guard video is disabled, overnight range loss can be reduced by up to 20%
- The vehicle can now sleep even if a door is left open.
- Improved responsiveness and reliability of key card taps and key fob button presses when the vehicle is asleep.
- In the Navigation app, you can now set your current as your Home or Work location.
- Improved automatic humidity control to help keep the cabin more comfortable.
- If your windows require calibration, the center display notifies you to reset the windows. Choose Owner’s Guide from the menu on the center display. Search for Reset the Windows and follow the instructions.
- Improved the SOS or emergency call feature to help prevent accidental calls by increasing the duration of the cancellation period on the center display from 10 to 20 seconds.
- Fixed an issue when the Power lift gate operation setting didn’t persist during vehicle sleep and software updates.
- Fixed an issue when third-row reading lights didn’t turn off or dim after cabin lights were turned on from the center display.
- Fixed a rare issue when a password was required for an open Wi-Fi network.
- Addressed an issue that turned off Pet Comfort when you heated the steering wheel.
- Highway Assist improvement to more easily override automatic steering when you want to take over.
- Addressed a rare issue when Highway Assist disengaged during heavy traffic conditions with low visibility of lane markings.
- Improved Highway Assist availability on banked roads.
- Fixed a rare issue when after the vehicle displayed a warning that your hands were off of the wheel, it erroneously displayed a failure notification if you moved the steering wheel.