Hyundai Smartsense is a collection of passive safety devices that serve to prevent accidents rather than minimize the consequences of accidents. To predict this, the system will consider several variables such as the speed of the car and the object in front of it.
In this SmartSense there are several safety features. The following is a series of Hyundai SmartSense safety features with their functions.
1. Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA), which functions to read the condition of the road ahead through the camera. This feature will automatically brake when it detects a car in front that brakes suddenly.
2. Lane Keeping & Lane Following Assist (LKA & LFA), are two features that function to keep the car on the road markings through visual and audio information as well as steering correction support. When road markings are not available, the LFA feature will maneuver to follow the vehicle in front of it.
3. Blind Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA), is a feature that uses two radar sensors on the rear bumper. Its function is to warn the driver about traffic in the blind-spot area. This feature will also assist in braking if there is a risk of collision or collision with other objects or vehicles coming from behind.
4. Blind Spot View Monitor (BVM) and Surround View Monitor (SVM), are monitoring features around the car that display the driver’s blind spot, so that the driver can see the surrounding area.
5. Drive Attention Warning (DAW), a feature that provides warnings when signs of driver negligence are detected and recommends taking breaks if necessary.
6. Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA), this feature functions when the vehicle backs up from the parking position, the sensor will detect the vehicle approaching from the left or right rear. This feature will provide an audio warning and if needed, will activate the brakes automatically.
7. Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go Function (SCC with S&G), a feature that functions to maintain a specified distance from the vehicle in front and automatically adjusts speed to a predetermined limit.
In addition to the safety features contained in the Hyundai SmartSense feature, the Hyundai Ioniq 5 electric car also has a number of other safety features such as High Beam Assist (HBA), Surround View Monitor (SVM), Brake Assist System (BAS), Vehicle Stability Management (VSM), Emergency Stop Signal (ESS), Rear Occupant Alert (ROA), and Virtual Engine Sound System (VESS).